International Staff, NATO HQ
The incumbent must possess:
• a good general education, at least to higher secondary level or to secondary level complemented by vocational training in a relevant field such as web communications, strategic communications, marketing and branding, or social media;
• a minimum of 4 years’ professional experience, of which 3 in digital communications;
• experience in the planning, implementation and completion of digital communications projects related to content creation. (i.e. web writing, copy-editing, processing photos, video and audio for web/social media, marketing, branding, and in general building engagement and providing enrichment for an organisation’s online platforms and, in particular, its website);
• excellent communication skills and strong, confident and diverse content creation skills;
• expertise in web and computer applications (Microsoft Office suite or similar, CMS, social media applications, web analytical tools);
• the following minimum levels of NATO’s official languages (English/French): V (“Advanced”) in one; I (“Beginner”) in the other.
DESIRABLE The following would be considered an advantage:
• a university degree related to communications;
• excellent drafting skills in one of NATO’s official languages (English or French);
• practical experience in copy-editing;
• practical experience in improving content with SEO techniques;
• practical experience with enterprise social media;
• practical experience with multilingual workflow;
• practical experience with such relevant software packages as Adobe CC;
• knowledge of international political affairs;
• fluency in other NATO and/or partner country languages;
• familiarity with NATO and other European or Atlantic institutions;
• good presentation and briefing skills.
Expertise Development Provide technical expertise and recommendations to enrich, optimise and monitor web products. Provide support in all stages of planning, preparation, production, and implementation, especially for visually engaging web products that use photos and videos, and make recommendations for technical improvements, including, but not limited to, localisation in NATO and/or NATO partner country languages. Assist in the management of broader communications initiatives within the section or PDD.
Provide support for web content inventory on an ongoing basis. Monitor and maintain oversight of content on the NATO website in view of planning and coordinating with content generators division-wide. Draft and/or edit emails, documents, letters or memoranda as required to be forwarded within NATO or to external authorities. Retrieve and transmit relevant information and 3 documentation to internal and external stakeholders. Proofread, copy edit, verify and validate, where appropriate, team products and tools prior to launch or reproduction.
Identify and communicate instructions and deadlines, as well as provide guidance, to internal and external suppliers (e.g. graphic- and web-designers, multimedia producers, technical teams, translation agencies, etc.). Cooperate with staff of other Sections and other International Staff (IS)/International Military Staff (IMS) Divisions as well as NATO Agencies and Commands in the planning and execution of various communications projects.
Enhance the institutional knowledge base and technical know-how of NATO in the realm of communications and facilitate access to relevant information.
Perform tasks related to the design, planning, preparation and implementation, promotion, monitoring and assessment phases of team projects (digital, audiovisual and social media projects) in an efficient, structured, coordinated, integrated and timely manner.
Develop relations within the section, the division and NATO-wide to acquire a solid understanding of the Organisation’s digital landscape, while providing support to create synergies among different digital content generators. Perform any other related duty as assigned.
The incumbent must demonstrate:
• Achievement: Works to meet standards;
• Analytical thinking: Seeks basic relationships;
• Clarity and Accuracy: Checks own work;
• Conceptual thinking: Sees patterns based on life/work experience;
• Customer Service Orientation: Takes personal responsibility for correcting problems;
• Empathy: Reads non-verbal cues and understands meanings;
• Impact and influence: Takes multiple actions to persuade;
• Initiative: Is decisive in a time-sensitive situation;
• Teamwork: Cooperates
TO APPLY copy code 210927 and search in this link Vacancies