International Staff, NATO HQ
The incumbent must possess:
• a good general education at least to higher secondary level or have equivalent relevant professional experience;
• a minimum of 4 years’ experience in dealing with personnel administration or financial accounting;
• strong analytical and numerical skills;
• good knowledge of the standard Microsoft Office;
• possess good customer service skills and the ability to communicate at all levels efficiently and 2 with tact;
• the following minimum levels of NATO’s official languages (English/French): V (“Advanced”) in one and III (“Intermediate”) in the other. DESIRABLE The following would be considered an advantage:
• experience working in an international environment;
• a working knowledge of an additional language of a NATO member nation; and
• experience in the organization of events.
Provide member countries, delegations and pensioners with the total annual amount of the pension and tax adjustment received. Gather annual declarations of continued entitlement to benefits and evidence that pensions have been declared for tax purposes where a tax adjustment is claimed. Liaise with Office of Financial Control (OFC) for all tax related matters, including recovering. Keep track of changes in civil status and family circumstances of pensioners, adjust records accordingly and follow up any resulting adjustment to benefits. Create and update pensioners' personal files. Prepare official documents, statements and correspondence regarding legal cases for OLA’s consideration and for ASG / DASG signature. Keep records and legal files up-to-date in paper or electronic format. Provide information and prepare correspondence on the pension rights and related tax adjustments, for the active and former staff members of NATO as a whole.
Reply to queries regarding pension and tax adjustment matters from active and former staff members, their beneficiaries, and HR Officers from other NATO bodies. Explain complex issues concerning entitlement to pensions, allowances and tax adjustment in the appropriate way, via different communication channels. Perform as a member of a team, with a good sense of personal initiative and responsibility. Co-ordinate and co-operate with all members of the Pensions Unit to ensure the smooth and efficient administration of NATO pensioners and perform Info desk functions for active staff affiliated to the Coordinated Pension Scheme. Coordinate with the Office of the Financial Control (OFC) on tax adjustment payments.
Develop, capture and document expert knowledge linked to tax adjustment related matters. Identify training opportunities and pursue personal development with a view to acquire new skills to improve the individual performance, or to increase the team effectiveness.
Contribute to maintaining and updating the NATO pension website. Extract data from the Central database (PMIS) and collate statistics for tax related matters. Assist the Principal Assistant in providing pension related data and statistics to OFC, the International Board of Auditors and the International Service on Remunerations and Pensions (ISRP). Organise own activities, prioritise tasks and coordinate with activities of others to accomplish tasks in a timely and efficient manner. Co-operate and co-ordinate very closely with the colleagues managing the Coordinated Pension Scheme.
Organise and plan activities related to internal projects/programmes, workshops and events, as supervised within her/his own area of expertise. Oversee and monitor the execution of projects/programmes and/or provide specialist input. Perform any other related duty as assigned.
TO APPLY copy code 210911 and search in this link Vacancies
|ternational Staff, NATO HQ|